Here are some news in the field:
- Mapping Ancient Civilization, in a Matter of Days: LIDAR used to map a Mayan city.
- Ancient Artificial Harbor Found in Israel: Researchers use photogrammetry to construct a 3D model of an ancient Harbor
- Long-Lost Pyramids Found?: Possible pyramids found using satellite imagery
- Robot discovers three unexplored passages in 2,000-year-old tunnel near the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico: An update on our old friend Tlaloc II-TC. After discovering those golden disks the robot Tlaloc II-TC has also found some unexplored passages under the temple of Quetzalcoatl.
- Ancient City of Angkor Bigger Than Thought: Ancient city of Angkorhas been mapped using LIDAR.
- $36 Million in Silver Hauled From WWII Shipwreck: Underwater robot used to capture video footage of a shipwreck on which a large number of silver ingots were discovered.