Here are some news and links on computational archaeology:
- The hunt for lost cities: A team used laser-based light detection and ranging (LIDAR) system to find ruins in the jungles of Honduras.
- Virtual Worlds as Venues for Public Archaeology: An article on using virtual worlds for archaeology, which links to
- Ancient lives project: Help the collaborative project by reading Papyri.
- Google Earth Zooms in on Ancient Trade Routes: An article on the use of Google Earth to recreate maps of ancient civilizations.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution: WHOI focuses on exploring the oceans and its connections with earth’s atmosphere, land, ice, sea-floor, and life. One of the areas they deal with is underwater archaeology. They have an Advanced Imaging and Visualization Laboratory and here is some work they have done.
- Archaeology data service: Digital archaeological resources. They have some nice freely available datasets.