I decided to youtube some computational archaeology while I waited for dinner to cook. Here are some of the resources I found:
- Remember the “complex systems simulation CAA special interest group” I mentioned in one of my previous posts? They had their first meeting which included presentations and a long discussion. You can check out the video here.
- Machine Learning for the Computational Humanities
- Drone used to make 3D model of archaeological site
- Computer-Assisted Archaeological Line Drawing
- Photogrammetry With a UAV (the video is not specifically aimed at archaeology, but very relevant)
- CAA presentation explaining the technologies used in 100 Minories excavation
- Practical Augmented Visualization on Handheld Devices for Cultural Heritage
- Under the LiDAR (CyArk presentation)
Channels/Collections/Users to keep you busy for a while
- Computer magazine July 2011 issue – they had a special edition on Computational archaeology.
- CAA-UK 2015 – conference presentations made available
- DCA 2014 APA – A collection on digital classics
- Recording Archaeology posts many computational archaeology related videos
- Tesserae Project posts on digital classics